  1. thedarkman

    Ray_Net Guest

    He will pay nobody - as he said: "I don't care; Use IE !".

    Ray_Net, May 4, 2014

  2. thedarkman

    Ray_Net Guest

    The users are not killed - they just MUST switch to windows7 or windows8.
    Microsoft's support policy is still returning to normal after XP was allowed to live
    well past its normal retirement date.

    Ray_Net, May 4, 2014

  3. And As I said...now there is a site I'd be leaving in a hurry! And one
    that I'd point out to others as *how not to web develop*.

    Jonathan N. Little, May 5, 2014
  4. thedarkman

    se Guest

    ms allowed xp users to live until the end of their stated
    retirement date - eh !.
    Chasing them to window 7 or window 8 (8.1) - eh!
    Then this satisfied the company having no more obstacles
    with xp users - eh !.

    be happy with your ms IE 11 none supporting css background-size=cover;
    - until you discover. Then find out that switching to Firefox, Safari,
    Chrome
    or Opera can show you a proper steady full background image when
    zooming a webpage having a full window background image.

    se, May 5, 2014
  5. Because that was not the situation in discussion. It was a MSIE-only
    site. MSIE-only sites will NOT work on Android and iOS phones, nor on
    Mac and Linux computers.

    Jonathan N. Little, May 5, 2014
  6. thedarkman

    Neil Gould Guest

    What is your point is? If one has written a site that works with Android and
    iOS phones, and Windows IE, it will also work with Windows phones.

    Neil Gould, May 5, 2014
  7. thedarkman

    Tim Streater Guest

    I haven't followed this thread. Is it 'MSIE-only' because the site
    sniffs which browser it is an rejects that, or because the site uses a
    load of IE-only extensions?

    Tim Streater, May 5, 2014
  8. Ray_Net never posted URL or particulars...it could be either. I have
    seen both in the wild. The former (either done by ignorance or agenda)
    for example company Intuit's site is "fixed" with a custom useragent
    string. The latter (also either by ignorance or fell prey to MS
    marketing) are sites that are just hopeless since MS is weening those
    extensions from IE...one reason some companies clung to WinXP and IE6
    for so long was their intranet infrastructure was dependent on them.

    Jonathan N. Little, May 5, 2014
  9. thedarkman

    Ray_Net Guest

    When you need it, you are forced to use IE.
    Is it so difficult for you to understand ?

    Ray_Net, May 5, 2014
  10. thedarkman

    Ray_Net Guest

    You don't understand that i use IE *ONLY* and *only* with a site because my SeaMonkey
    is not able to show me this site correctly.
    99,99 % of the time i am very happy with SeaMonkey.

    Ray_Net, May 5, 2014
  11. thedarkman

    se Guest

    Ok, thank you for the correction.

    /se

    se, May 5, 2014
  12. Well the held their collective breath but as engineers started turning
    purple and dropping off one by one (and Firefox started cutting
    significantly in market share) they have been working in catch-up mode.

    Jonathan N. Little, May 5, 2014
  13.
    Jonathan N. Little, May 5, 2014
  14. Out of interest, what's the url?