Segmentation fault (core dumped) while using Cplex Python API

varun7rs

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to solve a mixed-integer problem using Cplex Python API and I get this error Segmentation fault (core dumped). i am not able to figure out the reason for this.
Traceback

srva@hades:~$ python RW10.py --output test --logPath log --xml topology.xml
Start Time: 2014-6-1-20-56-39
CPLEX Parameter File Version 12.5.0.0
CPX_PARAM_TILIM 3600
CPX_PARAM_TRELIM 20000.00
CPX_PARAM_EPGAP 0.03
CPX_PARAM_EACHCUTLIM 2100000000
CPX_PARAM_FLOWCOVERS 0
CPX_PARAM_FLOWPATHS 0
CPX_PARAM_CLIQUES 0
CPX_PARAM_DISJCUTS 0
CPX_PARAM_COVERS 0
CPX_PARAM_ZEROHALFCUTS 0
CPX_PARAM_MIRCUTS 0
CPX_PARAM_MCFCUTS 0
CPX_PARAM_IMPLBD 0
CPX_PARAM_GUBCOVERS 0
CPX_PARAM_AGGCUTLIM 3

Completion Time: 972.63
Num Columns: 1350888
Num Rows: 25488
Solving
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

A few lines from the log file:

Completion Time: 972.63
Num Columns: 1350888
Num Rows: 25488
Tried aggregator 1 time.
MIP Presolve eliminated 12648 rows and 1321088 columns.
MIP Presolve modified 180 coefficients.
Reduced MIP has 12840 rows, 29800 columns, and 136000 nonzeros.
Reduced MIP has 29800 binaries, 0 generals, 0 SOSs, and 0 indicators.
Presolve time = 0.49 sec. (368.57 ticks)

I would be grateful if someone can help me fix this.

Thank You

Gary Herron

[...]

You might be better off finding a CPLEX forum to ask this question.

Nothing in this question looks like Python, (except I see you do run a
Python script), the segmentation fault is most likely in CPLEX not in
Python, and I've never seen CPLEX mention mentioned in this Python
newsgroup. None of which means you won't get an answer here, but I
think a CPLEX specific forum would be a better bet.

Gary Herron

Akira Li

[...]

Install and enable faulthandler
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/faulthandler/