Sending HTML Email Template

MRW

I've been looking all over for a solution, and I've found similar
problems, but nobody with an answer. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a template for an HTML email which is an aspx file (vb). I want
to go through my dataset of users, call up that aspx file, which
contains some web controls, render it, and email it off.

In ASP Classic, I simply had an HTML file with personal code (i.e.
<BOB>), read the entire page in a string, and replaced all personal
codes with real values, such as a person's name or phone number, and
sent it off.

Is there a way of doing this with a page with different web controls in
it, or is it better to do the good old, read and replace method?

Thanks again for any help!