SEO: Can I put a link in metadata at the moment?

licensedtoquill

I have a few web sites with great names. Despite being elderly, they show
up high in google rankings, usually on page 1 and often at the top.

I get the point that google has gone over from the old system of applying
some algorithm to the words in the meta-data to a system of hoisting
sites up in rankings based on how many links there are to that site/
page. I did some basic SEO in addition to getting great site names before google implemented this change.

I have now added a top level domain to a legal site so that it highlights
some litigation containing some VERY extensive research which would be of
considerable general interest in the area of the law concerned. So now in addition to having www.thesite.com, I now have thiscase.thesite.com.

But nothing I can do will make that page and the pages off it show up on
any google search, - even if I do a specific search as a test on
thiscase.thesite.com. It seems google just wont index it. I even tried
adding adsense to the pages in it, although somewhat ineptly.

I suppose I should link to thiscase.thesite.com in all my other sites
which DO show up on searches because I assume there are NO links to
thiscase anywhere on the Internet so google just doesn't index that part
of my site at all. But I wanted to keep them a bit separate. Can I put a
link IN the metadata of my sites mentioning thiscase.thesite.com and all
the pages that link off of it please?

I didnt do any SEO for the thiscase part of the site because I assumed
that google looked initially to the www.thesite.com/index.html when
indexing and then indexes all pages on that site. Is this completely
wrong and should I copy over the metadata from the index.html page to the
metadata section of the thiscase page(s)? Or does putting links in
metadata automatically disqualify the pages/site from being seriously
considered by the search engines?