Serialization Error

Maximus

Hi Everyone,

I was using Inprocess session objects, but incase of aspnet process
crashes the session objects were lost as a result I decided to shift to
out of porocess session objects. For this i had to serialize the
objects. While doing that I made the classes serializable whose objects
I store in sessions. However, when I run the application I get the
following error.

Unable to serialize the session state. Please note that non-serializable
objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted when session state
mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to serialize the
session state. Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef
objects are not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or
'SQLServer'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the

Stack Trace:

[SerializationException: The type ASP.default_aspx in Assembly h5ahqjmx,
Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null is not marked as
serializable.]

System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.InternalGetSerializableMembers(RuntimeType
type, Boolean excludeNonSerializable) +853

System.Runtime.Serialization.FormatterServices.GetSerializableMembers(Type
type, StreamingContext context) +300

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitMemberInfo()
+103

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.InitSerialize(Object
obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context,
SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter) +493

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.WriteObjectInfo.Serialize(Object
obj, ISurrogateSelector surrogateSelector, StreamingContext context,
SerObjectInfoInit serObjectInfoInit, IFormatterConverter converter) +48

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Write(WriteObjectInfo
objectInfo, NameInfo memberNameInfo, NameInfo typeNameInfo) +515

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectWriter.Serialize(Object
graph, Header[] inHeaders, __BinaryWriter serWriter, Boolean fCheck) +738

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream
serializationStream, Object graph, Header[] headers, Boolean fCheck) +136

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Serialize(Stream
serializationStream, Object graph) +13
System.Web.Util.AltSerialization.WriteValueToStream(Object value,
BinaryWriter writer)

[HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to serialize the session state.
Please note that non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are
not permitted when session state mode is 'StateServer' or 'SQLServer'.]
System.Web.Util.AltSerialization.WriteValueToStream(Object value,
BinaryWriter writer)
System.Web.SessionState.SessionDictionary.Serialize(BinaryWriter writer)

System.Web.SessionState.StateClientManager.Serialize(SessionStateItem
item, Stream stream)

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.System.Web.SessionState.IStateClientManager.Set(String
id, SessionStateItem item, Boolean inStorage)
System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.OnReleaseState(Object
source, EventArgs eventArgs)

System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
+60
completedSynchronously) +87

I'll appreciate if anybody could help me with this.

Thanks.