Serialization

Dave T

I have 3 projects in a VS solution: UI, Data Access, Object Model. The
object model is as the name implies but it only has properties. The methods
that an object model might otherwise contain are only useful for Data Access
so I wanted to put them only in the DA project.

The way I did that was to create classes in the DA project and inherit from
the object model classes. So far so good. But now I want to XML serialize
out from a webservice in the DA project in such a way that the UI can
deserialize and use the structure. In effect I want to use the code from the
derived class, *truncate* the derived class to the base class, then serialize
it as base class.

Any ideas?