Server Application Error

DMc2005

Hi All

I have a big problem, I am always getting an error message when I browse a
ASP page I created with Dreamweaver MX, the page is supposed to use
VBScript, the page consists of:

<HTML>
<HEAD/>
<BODY>

JON
</BODY>
</HTML>

I have been told that this page should load. The error message I keep
getting is:

Server Application Error
The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the
processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail
information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

I am desperate for help.

Jim Buyens

What does the event log say?

If you're not the server administrator, have you contacted the
administrator, as the message suggests?

Is the server running Windows Server 2003?

Are you sure ASP pages are enabled?

Jim Buyens
Microsoft MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
o--> Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition: Build a Web Site
Now!
o--> Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
o--> Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Inside Out
o--> Faster Smarter Beginning Programming

DMc2005

XP Professional

127.0.0.1, -, 06/12/2005, 19:09:10, W3SVC1, DMCLAPTOP, 127.0.0.1, 180, 343,
4224, 405, 1, POST, /CFIDE/main/ide.cfm, CFSRV=IDE&ACTION=IDE_DEFAULT,

is what is in the log file?

any help

Jim Buyens

Oops, sorry, the original message refers to the system event log -- the one
you view under Administrative Tools, Event Viewer. Look through all three
event logs (Application, Security, and System) for potentially relevant
messages marked with the time of the problem.

Jim Buyens
Microsoft MVP
http://www.interlacken.com
Author of:
o--> Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition: Build a Web Site
Now!
o--> Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 Inside Out
o--> Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Inside Out
o--> Faster Smarter Beginning Programming

skok

IIS Server try to get a cfm application page .Do you have Cfusion Server
installed in your pc?
I suggest you to see in IIS MMC > web services Extension if the asp (active
server page) web extensions have status Allowed.Perhaps this asp web server
extension is in prohibited mode .

DMc2005

A account was locked out, so i unlocked the account and this solved one of
the problems.