Server.CreateObject problem - ASP

Bill Nguyen

Win 2003
IIS 6.0

My users got this error message trying to run a simple ASP application
(sending email using CDO). I have no problem ( with Admin permission):

Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'

Server.CreateObject Access Error

/gsic_completion/lib/utility.ASP, line 75

The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking permissions. Access is
denied to this object.

Tracing to the app, line# 75 shown below. Please help to set the
permission/config right.

Thanks

Bill

Dim objConfig ' As CDO.Configuration
Dim objMessage ' As CDO.Message
Dim Fields ' As ADODB.Fields

line 75 -> Set objConfig = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

Set Fields = objConfig.Fields
With Fields .Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort '
..Item(cdoSMTPServer) = "exchangeserver"
..Item(cdoSMTPServerPort) = 25
..Item(cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout) = 10
..Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = cdoBasic
..Item(cdoSendUserName) = "web"
..Item(cdoSendPassword) = "net"
..Update

End With

Bill Nguyen

Thanks but it won't work!
This err is specific to CDO. I think it has something to do with IIS
permissions than with anything else.

Bill