Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction

Miguel Isidoro

Hi,

I've built an ASP.NET web service and an ASP.NET application that calls it
is throwing the following exception:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server did not recognize the
value of HTTP Header SOAPAction: http://ipm.sitefactory.com/Authenticate. at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.Soap11ServerProtocolHelper.RouteRequest() at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapServerProtocol.Initialize() at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type,
HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean&
abortProcessing)

The web service class definition is:

[WebService(Namespace="http://ipm.sitefactory.com/")]
public class UserService : WebService

The web method definition is:

[WebMethod(Description="Web method description.")]
public User Authenticate(User user)
{
//code
}

I've checked the WSDL and the beginning is as follows:

<wsdl:definitions xmlns:http="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/http/"
xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:tns="http://ipm.sitefactory.com/"
xmlns:tm="http://microsoft.com/wsdl/mime/textMatching/"
targetNamespace="http://ipm.sitefactory.com/"
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">

The reference to the web method in WSDL is:

<s:element name="Authenticate">
<s:complexType>
<s:sequence>
<s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="user" type="tns:User" />
</s:sequence>
</s:complexType>
</s:element>

Like you see, the namespace http://ipm.sitefactory.com/ is present
everywhere correctly and I can't understand why the request is not being
routed to the right web method. Everything seems to be correct from the class
definition to the WSDL. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Miguel Isidoro