Server Error in '/' Application

doomster

Hi,

Recently we upgraded our Windows 2000 servers to Windows 2003. One of
our websites which was working fine previouslyis now displaying ...

'Server Error in '/' Application' along with with some details on
configuring web.config

I have modified the web.config to get a more detailed error and this is
what i got...

Server Error in '/' Application.

Security Exception
allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required
permission please contact your system administrator or change the
application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Exception from
HRESULT: 0x800A0046 (CTL_E_PERMISSIONDENIED).

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800A0046
(CTL_E_PERMISSIONDENIED).]
Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.LateGet(Object o,
Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames,
Boolean[] CopyBack) +905
SmartCounter.SmartCounterForm.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
+694
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +218
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
+179
completedSynchronously) +87

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300;
ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Any ideas on what i can do to resolve this?

regards
Asit

doomster

Fixed issue. Upgrading to IIS6.0 and running the IISlockdown tool added
the IIS_WPG deny NTFS permission to the web root folder. Removed this
and it worked fine afterwards.