Server Error in '/' Application

Ufit

I get this error when trying to access my web from Internet.
It is a simple dropdownlist combobox bound to a datasource
which is sqlserver2000 database. When I remove datasource
from the combobox - all works ok. I set up public permissions on
anonymous account and it didn't help. I tried sqlserver2005 express
with same result. What should I configureand how to make it work.
Please help.
Thank you.

Ufi

Norman Yuan

If it is OK when you removed the page's access to SQL Server, then it is
obviously that the account used to run the ASP.NET app does not have proper
access permission the the SQL Server database.

You, as the asp.net app developer, must :

1. Know which user account on the web server is configured to run the
asp.net app (by default, it is ASPNET or Metwork Services, but it can be any
other account, depending on the configuration);
2. Make sure that account has necessary access permission to the SQL Server
database.

Ufit

Norman Yuan said:
If it is OK when you removed the page's access to SQL Server, then it is
obviously that the account used to run the ASP.NET app does not have proper
access permission the the SQL Server database.

You, as the asp.net app developer, must :

1. Know which user account on the web server is configured to run the
asp.net app (by default, it is ASPNET or Metwork Services, but it can be any
other account, depending on the configuration);
2. Make sure that account has necessary access permission to the SQL Server
database.

I don't understand what you mean by page's access to sql server.
In my IIS settings for 'default website' under directory security
I have IUSR_...... and anonymous logon with integrated windows auth.
It then should work with sql but it doesn't. What should I set in
sql manager to enable account and actualy what account, what name?
Should I add some account to users in db manager?
It should be simple as possible but it looks like complex magic stuff.
Thank you with helping me.

Ufi