Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by darrel, Oct 20, 2005.

  1. darrel

    darrel Guest

    I got a new machine this week. Prior to that, I backed up my WWWROOT folder.

    Now I have the new machine, moved my files back.

    I have one projet, though, that refuses to debug/launch:

    Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
    server. Server side-error occurred on sending debug HTTP request.

    Make sure the server is operating correctly. Verify there are no syntax
    errors in web.config by doing a Debug.Start Without Debugging. You may also
    want to refer to the ASP.NET and ATL Server debugging topic in the online
    documentation.

    According to MS, the likely cause is a bad web.config file. However, this is
    the same file that worked on my last machine, and it's the exact same file
    currently running on our live server just fine.

    So, could there be another culprit here? Anything else I should look at?

    -Darrel

    darrel, Oct 20, 2005

  2. darrel

    ViewState Guest

    Is your IIS configured right.... You have to config your folder as a
    application folder in the IIS

    ViewState, Oct 21, 2005

  3. Is it possible that you had the Web declared as an Application in IIS but
    you have done that on the new machine?

    Ken

    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Oct 21, 2005
  4. darrel

    darrel Guest

    Is your IIS configured right.... You have to config your folder as a
    Yea. I dunno what happened. I destroyed all my project files, made a new
    project, reimported all the files (including the web.config) and things were
    back to normal.

    Must have been a VS.net bug.

    Surprise. ;o)

    -Darrel