Session sharing problem using Ctrl + N

Vikas

Hi,

I am facing a very typical problem. I have a wizard like application,
where user enters information by moving back & forth between the pages.
At the end of wizard the data is submitted into database. I store the
information entered by user on pages, in a session object and finally
destroys this session object at the end of wizard after inserting data
in database.

Everything is fine until a user spawns a new window using Ctrl+N.
Because the session Id is the same, the session object also gets shared
between the two windows.

Due to the sharing of session object when a user changes something in
1st window; it gets reflected in 2nd window also. This is causing a lot
of problem.

Can you please suggest me some method through which I can make sure
that whenever user presses Ctrl + N, a new session get's started up
or any other possible solution so that I can store data across the
multiple pages of wizard.

Thanks.

Regards,

Vikas Khandpur

Bruce Barker

you will have simular problems with posting from the cache. there is no way
to detect an open window (ctl + n) from a refresh as they look exacly the
same from the server.

the best fix is to use a transactionid with each page of your wizard, so you
can detect reposts.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)