Session Timeout

Guest

Hello,

I have a web application in aspx and vb.net 2003. The users are complaining
about session timeout (10 - 60 minutes). My web config file is set up as:
- <authentication mode="Forms">
<forms
name="ACMS"
loginUrl="frmLogin.aspx"
path="/ACMS"
protection="All"
timeout="3600"
slidingExpiration="true">
</forms>

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="36000" />

<sessionState
mode="InProc"
stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1; Trusted_Connection=yes"
cookieless="false"
timeout="3600"
/>
I tried to change the timeout configuration in IIS, but I still have the
problem.
Any ideas??
thanks
Paulo

Guest

Paulo said:
[...]

You have specified the timeout to be 60 hours. The server might be
running out of resources because you have too many old session objects
in memory, and recycles the application.

Either that, or the web site is simply set up to recycle the
application. Check the settings in IIS.

Guest

Hello Göran,

Something evil is happening...

Looks like I have no control of session timeout.
I tried to change the expiration time on web.config and IIS to 1 min, 5,min
and so on, but the timeout occurs only 10-60 min later the application is
running.

What can I do to control it?

About the recycle problem you've mentioned, how can I clean up session
objects without expiring the session?

Thanks again,

Paulo

Guest

Hello George,

Your solution looks very nice, but I want to avoid modifying every single
page of the application. Do you know how can I do what you said, but
applying changes in only one place?

Thanks a lot,

Paulo