Session variables are not getting initialized in global.asa file

Rahul

I have initialized some session variables in Global.asa for our web
application.
But these session variables are returning null values; it is was
working fine before;
Recently we have rebuild our servers.

Please let me know if anyone of you have some idea?

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

Do you have sessions enabled in the application or site in IIS? What OS is
on the server? Is it just one server, or do you have a few of them load
balanced?

Ray at work

Patrice

In the IIS console :
- session enabled ?
- site root defined as a web application ?

Anthony Jones

Rahul said:
How to enable enable sessions in IIS.
Os: windows 2000 server. Its just one server.

In IIS Manager open the properties of the application.
On the Home Directory tab open the Configuration dialog under the
Application settings
Ensure the Cache ISAPI applications is checked.
Then on the app options tab make sure the Enable session state is checked.

Anthony.

Evertjan.

Rahul wrote on 11 mei 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
i have enabled sessions in IIS still the problem is not solved.

please suggest?

Perhaps your IIS has shut down???

Perhaps show us some code?

Anthony Jones

Rahul said:
i have enabled sessions in IIS still the problem is not solved.

please suggest?

Are you saying that you had to make the changes outlined or that they were
already set?

Is the browser you are using blocking the session cookie?

E.g in IE is the privacy level set to High or Block all?