Sessions opened in a web farm application

zibrafish

Hi, Dear All,

I got a situation here, I have a web farm application, and I have a
requirement that I need to know the number of sessions opened on each web
server in this web farn design, I would appreciate if anybody can give me the
good thought.

Thanks

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

zibrafish said:
Hi, Dear All,

I got a situation here, I have a web farm application, and I have a
requirement that I need to know the number of sessions opened on each web
server in this web farn design, I would appreciate if anybody can give me
the
good thought.

In that case, you'll need a per server counter in session_onstart and
session_onend (not reliable enough however) and a global 'counter' that is
updated against a SQL database.
If you do this only to -balance- these servers, I would have another
approach. Just balance the farm using the product below and in addition,
your router can balance requests on IP base.