SessionState and StateServer

jacerhea

SessionState and StateServer

In the SessionState element of the web.config there is a property
called stateConnectionString. If the SessionState mode is set to
"StateServer" and the stateConnectionString property does not have a
value, does it default to "tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"? I could not find
anything in the machine.config.

I'm asking because I believe the point of having the session managed
by the state service is that there is a centrally managed service for
holding session data in web farm scenarios, correct? If the property
stateConnectionString is defaulting to local than it seems this will
not be the case, as there will still be a separate session state on
each web server.

Thanks in advance.