set report parameters for ReportViewer control in 2005

tfsmag

So I used the code directly from the msdn site at
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/li...ting.webforms.serverreport.setparameters.aspx

here is my exact code

--code--
Private Sub SetReportParameters()
Dim p As New ReportParameter("userid",
Security.GetUserID().ToString())
ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(p)
End Sub
--code--

When I use that Sub it returns this error...

--error--
Unable to cast object of type
'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter' to type
'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter]'.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object
of type 'Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter' to type
'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportParameter]'.
--error--

Any help is greatly appreciated.

tfsmag

never mind, i found my answer, here is the code i used.

Private Sub SetReportParameters()
Dim userid As New ReportParameter("userid",
Security.GetUserID().ToString())
Dim p() As ReportParameter = {userid}
ReportViewer1.ServerReport.SetParameters(p)
End Sub

Joined
Dec 15, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
This last post worked for me for a stand-alone report and form. Does anyone know how to aplly to a form with multiple sub-reports?
Thanks