    remember. Is CSS the only solution? Not that CSS is bad or anything, it is
    just bugging me because I thought there was a way to do it without CSS.

    -Josh

    Joshua Beall, Sep 10, 2003

  2. There shouldn't be a way to do anything presentational without CSS (or
    another style language).

    David Dorward, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Is there a way to change the default font that the browser renders text
    David.

    There is a way to do this using the <BASEFONT> tag. It uses the attributes
    size, color and face.

    I've heard it's not really legal however, is this true do you know ?

    I agree with you however, CSS is the best option..

    Chris

    Chris Leonard, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Joshua Beall

    andy johnson Guest

    With HTML <FONT> being outlawed by the United Nations World Internet
    Congress 2003, and enforced by the Polizia de Internetia, you will be
    best served by going to Google and use "CSS fonts" as a search
    criteria. You'll get your answer a dozen times over. CSS is cool, and
    easy.

    -
    Andy

    "There would be a lot more civility in this world if people
    didn't take that as an invitation to walk all over you"
    - (Calvin and Hobbes)

    andy johnson, Sep 10, 2003
  5. Hmmm...

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/present/graphics.html#edef-BASEFONT

    So there was. Its deprecated though (and it could be debated that the
    presentational junk added for 3.2 doesn't count as 'plain' HTML).

    David Dorward, Sep 10, 2003