Setting the scroll bar to a certain level?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Merlin, Oct 14, 2006.

  1. Merlin

    Merlin Guest

    Hi there,

    I do have a complex problem and wonder if this is possible to solve.

    Following situation. I do have a page, where you do have a frame inside
    that page. That frame holds different links to pages inside the mother
    page. The purpose is to show changes since last login. If you click on
    one link inside it takes you to the changes. If there are a lot of
    changes you might need to use the internal vertical scroll bar inside
    the frame. Here is where the problem starts! If you have to scroll down
    quite a bit and you click on a link,the page loads and you have again to
    scroll down within the iframe to get to the link you just clicked on for
    clicking the next on underneath. I would like to have the last clicked
    link on top inside this frame.

    So I tried to call that frame like this: frame.html#4 but that results
    not only to correctly jumping to this link, but also that the whole page
    starts at that link. I mean there are about 200pixels above that frame
    and those are now scrolled to the point of the link as well.

    Has anybody an idea on how to adress only the iframe with a hash #, or
    some other way to define the srolling position within the iframe upon

    Thank you for any help on that.

    Regards,

    merlin

    PS: Unfortunatelly I can not provide a link, as this is inside a login
    area.

    Merlin, Oct 14, 2006

  2. Merlin

    uoL Guest

    hi merlin,

    I dont understand quite well your problem but there is a way to scroll
    a div or a iframe to certain position

    with a div:
    var objDiv = document.getElementById("divExample");
    objDiv.scrollTop = objDiv.scrollHeight;

    with a frame or iframe or page (if think):

    window.scroll(0,pos);

    and this properties to see window's size
    document.body.clientWidth
    document.body.offsetWidth

    that's the way to do it with javascript

    take care,
    marcos

    uoL, Oct 14, 2006

  3. Hi folks,

    I have similar problem.

    I have one JSP, in which I have one table. in first <TR> tag i try
    to render one image. Then in the second <TR> i have one iframe. In the
    src of this frame i try to render some other appliction running on
    different server. In the third <TR>, I have some Footer.

    As per the requirement, the entire page (ie which contains the TABLE
    with three TRs should have scroll bar if necessary and if the content
    of the middle <TR> ( ie which contains the web-page of application
    running on some other server) is large then the outer page should have
    the scroll bar.

    But as per the current implementation, the content of the middle
    page gets cut and i need to click on the page and drag it to see the
    actual content.

    I have been working on this for last 1 month. Please help me as
    early as possible.

    Cheers.
    YL

    ashishkhedekar, Nov 21, 2006