SFTP with ruby cgi-bin

Andrew Thorp

When I execute the ruby manually, it works great.

When I run it over http, no cake.

Basically, when I run the ruby it will connect to sftp and have no
problems, but when I navigate to the cgi-bin through my browser, I get
this error:

!ruby/exception:Net::SSH::AuthenticationFailed

Please somebody help

Mark Thomas

When I execute the ruby manually, it works great.

When I run it over http, no cake.

Basically, when I run the ruby it will connect to sftp and have no
problems, but when I navigate to the cgi-bin through my browser, I get
this error:

!ruby/exception:Net::SSH::AuthenticationFailed

A CGI app is run as the web server user. So you'll need to make sure
the web server user can connect. Try logging in as the web server user
and establish the keys necessary to perform the SSH.