Shouldn't this work ? ...

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Robin, Apr 14, 2004.

  1. Robin

    Robin Guest

    I'm not very good at js, so I'm guessing that I definitely have something
    wrong here ...
    <head>
    <script language="JavaScript">
    function testFunc(form){
    var tmp1 =
    document.form.site.options[document.form.site.selectedIndex].value;
    document.write tmp1
    }
    </script>
    </head
    .... <form method='post' name='form'>
    <select name="site" onChange="javascript:testFunc(this)">
    <option value='#'>--- (Select Site) ---
    (there is a list here of <option value=".... > that is called
    from a db)
    </select>

    Anyway, nothing is happening onChange
    Where have I gone wrong?????

    Robin, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Robin

    Hywel Guest

    You don't need the "javascript:" in the onChange event for starters, and
    your document.write statement should be
    document.write (tmpl);

    Hywel, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Robin

    Robin Guest

    thanks. Silly mistake, really.

    Robin, Apr 14, 2004
  4. Robin

    Evertjan. Guest

    Hywel wrote on 14 apr 2004 in comp.lang.javascript:
    And you cannot do a document.write in an onchange without destroying the
    whole page.

    Do an alert(tmp1) or a mydiv.innerHTML = tmp1

    Evertjan., Apr 15, 2004