show header when gridview is empty

Guest

is there a way to show the header even when GridView is empty? the page looks
kind of bare with just empydatatext or emptyrowtemplate.

Thanks.

Guest

John,
that link was very helpful.

As a related issue, I'd like to add a final row at the end of the GridView,
after the footer, pager, and all other rows. I'd like to have something
similar to the bottom status bar on IE or Win Explorer.

Using the Footer template for this is not an option since I will get a row
with a cell for each column on the grid. And I'd like to have something more
customizable.

Ideally it would be Templated Row but on a first try I'd go with a one-cell
only row.

The problem I have is how to get a reference to the current table of rows so
I can add another row at the end.

Thanks,
Vicenç

Joined
Jan 13, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

"John Timney ( MVP )" wrote:

> Someones done all the work for you.............
>
> http://blogs.claritycon.com/blogs/kevin_marshall/archive/2006/02/28/247.aspx
>
> --
> Regards
>
> John Timney
> Microsoft MVP
>
> "Dabbler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > is there a way to show the header even when GridView is empty? the page
> > looks
> > kind of bare with just empydatatext or emptyrowtemplate.
> >
> > Thanks.

I have the solution for you. The following post can help you
http://programmingshare-thienle.blogspot.com/2012/01/show-header-and-footer-of-gridview-with.html