"Show this file in explorer"

farsheed

I have a big problem. I have a list of files that my script find and
list them in a little gui.
I need this function:

when i d-click on each item, I want explorer opens and selects that
item inside windows explorer.
like that beautiful buttom in iTunes.

Thanks in advane.

Farshid Ashouri.

Tim Golden

farsheed said:
I have a big problem. I have a list of files that my script find and
list them in a little gui.
I need this function:

when i d-click on each item, I want explorer opens and selects that
item inside windows explorer.
like that beautiful buttom in iTunes.

Experiment with:

explorer.exe /select,<path-to-file>

TJG

farsheed

That was great. Thanks so sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
can you tell me where can I find that kind of trips?
Thanks Again.

Tim Golden

farsheed said:
That was great. Thanks so sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
can you tell me where can I find that kind of trips?

(assuming "kind of tips")

I stuck "explorer command line options" into Google and... Bingo!
(All right, I'm cheating a bit: I knew that explorer *had* command
line options because I've been around a bit).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/152457

TJG

farsheed

But now I have a more technical question. when I run this command, I
saw that the windows explorer did not refresh,example: I have two
files in a folder and i use that command to select them from command
line, the first one will be selected, but after running the command
for second file, the second remains unselected. So I need to close the
explorer and run the command again for the second file. this is
different from the way iTunes do it.
Any Idea?
TIA.
Farsheed.

MonkeeSage

But now I have a more technical question. when I run this command, I
saw that the windows explorer did not refresh,example: I have two
files in a folder and i use that command to select them from command
line, the first one will be selected, but after running the command
for second file, the second remains unselected. So I need to close the
explorer and run the command again for the second file. this is
different from the way iTunes do it.
Any Idea?
TIA.
Farsheed.

I think you want some sort of OLE automation. Perhaps this will
help...

http://farm.tucows.com/blog/_archives/2004/11/23/189572.html

Regards,
Jordan