ShowModalDialog() dopesnt support URL Anchors?

itc_sburnett

I am trying to build a simple help system. I cant seem to get the
ShowModalDialog to actually jump to the correct location.

Why doesn't the following open the page to correct position?

function JScriptHelpClick() {

window.showModalDialog('Requirement_Help.aspx#Product',null,'status:no;dialogWidth:
370px;dialogHeight:220px;dialogHide:true;help:no;scroll:no');
}

In the Requirement_Help.aspx page I have:

<h3><a name="Product">Product</a></h3>
choices
are:</p>

I cant see why it wouldn't be supported....

RobG

I am trying to build a simple help system. I cant seem to get the
ShowModalDialog to actually jump to the correct location.

Why doesn't the following open the page to correct position?

function JScriptHelpClick() {

window.showModalDialog('Requirement_Help.aspx#Product',null,'status:no;dialogWidth:
370px;dialogHeight:220px;dialogHide:true;help:no;scroll:no');
}

In the Requirement_Help.aspx page I have:

<h3><a name="Product">Product</a></h3>
choices
are:</p>

I cant see why it wouldn't be supported....

showModalDialog is an IE proprietary method, you may get more help in
a JScript or IE-centric newsgroup.

FWIW, an MSDN reference is here: