Simple question: Retrieve form elements name in content placeholder

Kees de Winter

Hi,

If I have a TextBox place inside a content placeholder then at runtime the
TextBox's name changes to ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_tbCity. What is the best
way to get the value of the TextBox server-side without 'guessing' the name
in the produced HTML?
Page.Request("??")

Thanks

Karl Seguin [MVP]

u don't :)

2.0 supports crostpass postback.

The only solution I can think of to get out of your mess is
(a) don't use server controls
(b) do some crazy javascript stuff to either change the names or copy values
into hidden form fields that you do know the name...this solution sucks :)

Karl

--
http://www.openmymind.net/
http://www.fuelindustries.com/

Kees de Winter said:
Thanks Karl,

Thank you for the quick answer.
One more question: if the form is posted to another page, then the
variable
myTextBox will be unknown. How to retrieve a Form elements value then?

Thanks