    can any one please help me in creatind a sine wave in C++ please
    i also need to play it as a .wav file any random sound within sudible
    frequency will do

    mcenley, Apr 11, 2006

  2. mcenley

    red floyd Guest

    cat /dev/urandom > /dev/dsp

    red floyd, Apr 11, 2006

  3. mcenley

    red floyd Guest

    Or in other words, you're off-topic.

    WAV files and sound playing is OT.

    Creating a sine wave: define your format. look in <cmath> for the
    definition of std::sin.

    red floyd, Apr 11, 2006
  4. mcenley

    mlimber Guest

    This is off-topic here since it is not about the C++ language proper
    (arbitrary applications that happen to be written in C++ don't count).

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Apr 11, 2006
  5. mcenley

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Platform dependant and not C++ :p

    Noah Roberts, Apr 11, 2006
  6. mcenley

    Fraser Ross Guest

    You will need to convert the amplitude from the range 0 - 1, to 0 to 127
    or -1 to -128 for a negative amplitude. You would probably want to
    round the floating point value by adding 0.5 before assigning to signed
    char. This is assuming you want a 8 bit signed values WAV file. That
    can't actually be done but 8 bit unsigned is allowed. There is a lot of
    quirks with WAV files which you would find from trying to use them.

    Fraser.

    Fraser Ross, Apr 11, 2006
  7. mcenley

    decorr Guest

    hey friends thanks for the information
    i am a newbie when it comes to programming and i am trying off a few
    codes but the codes which i used didnt give me the results
    As i am working on TurboC v3.0 compiler on windows platform i directly
    include<math.h> and i cant directly generate a sine wave
    if possible i can change the compiler can you please give me the
    required link to change my compiler so that i may download it
    more over i have to physically generate a sine wave and play it in any
    audible frequency

    decorr, Apr 11, 2006
  8. mcenley

    osmium Guest

    Your post has a fog index of about 43. A fog index of 12 or so is
    considered difficult. If you can't be bothered to write English, post
    someplace where your style is considered cute.

    Besides that, you were told this is off topic. Try sending e-mail to the
    people who gave you useful responses. Or else post to another group. But
    please, no more posts in pidgin English to this group.

    osmium, Apr 11, 2006
  9. mcenley

    john chung Guest

    You may want to look at the electronic hobbist in generating sine
    waves. They have a good coverage for you to start with. Sinwave for
    a beginner is not such a good exercise.

    www.epemag.com

    http://www.codeproject.com/audio/SoundGenerator.asp

    is another example for VC++

    john

    PS: when I was a beginner i did not start with sinwaves, it is more
    important to understand how to use the language in the beginning.

    john chung, Apr 12, 2006