SiteMap and security trimming problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bogdan, May 8, 2008.

  1. bogdan

    bogdan Guest

    Hi,

    I have security trimming enabled in web.config and the following site map
    attached to a menu:

    <siteMapNode roles="*" url="~/Default.aspx" title="Home" description="">
    [...]
    <siteMapNode roles="Administrators,Managers" title="Admin">
    <siteMapNode roles="Administrators" url="~/Admin/AdminOnly.aspx"
    title="Admin Only"/>
    <siteMapNode roles="Administrators,Managers"
    url="~/Admin/AdminAndManager.aspx" title="Admin and Manager" />
    </siteMapNode>
    [...]
    </siteMapNode>

    If I login as a user without Administrators and Managers roles then I cannot
    seem "Admin", which is expected. When I login as a user with Adminstrators
    role then I can see all items in the menu, which is also expected. But,
    when I login as a user with Managers role only then I can still see all menu
    items. I thought that "AdminOnly.aspx" node would not be available to
    Managers but this is not the case.

    Am I missing something obvious here?

    I'd appreciate any suggestions.

    Thanks,