SiteMapPath: Can I add node the following way?

shapper

Hello,

I want to add nodes to Asp.Net 2.0 SiteMapPath in my runtime code.

I did as follows:

' Create site map path node collection
Dim siteMapPathNodeCollection As SiteMapNodeCollection

' Add node
siteMapPathNodeCollection.Add(New SiteMapNode(...))

My problem is I am ask to insert a 'provider' in SiteMapNode. I don't
get it.

I have a data view with various rows and 2 columns 'Title' and 'Url'.
All I want is add these rows values to my site map path.

I was trying to loop through each row in my dataview but I am getting
this problem with the provider.

Can someone sugest me how to do this?

Thanks,
Miguel

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The norm is to use the web.sitemap to figure out where the user is in
hierarchy (logically, as the physical pages do not have to correspond to
"menu" hierarchy). If you want another means of representing this data, you
have to create a custom provider to turn your data into a proper path.