Sizing text entry boxes on in-place editing of datagrid row with dynamically created columns

Keefe Goldfisher via .NET 247

Built a datagrid with dynamically created bound columns, andadded editing in-place, deletions and add-new features that workfine. One minor detail eludes us: When the datagrid goes intoedit or add mode the affected row's editable items open up intolabel-looking textboxes(?). We cannot size those boxes. (Some ofthe new columns are sized very wide on to fill out a patter inthe grid, and it looks odd to see a much tinier editable textboxopen up in the column). Have not turned up help in the ScottMitchell bible, nor on a search of this site (did our homework).The e.Item.cells(n).width attribute does not affect the edit boxsizes either, whether the technique is applied on Page_Init orin dg_ItemCreate. It seems like it might be a style issue, andwe're pursuing that, but if anyone has a suggestion... it wouldbe most appreciated. Thanks.