SO DAM SICK of this error

Johnny Emde

Configuration Error

Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 199: </assemblies>
Line 200: </compilation>

I have now been programming my website for about a week with no errors. Now
when all the functionality are in place, i start to optimise the project.

I create a project within the web-project ( a class library ) - both project
writen in C#.

To handle all traffic to database I create in the class lib a database
class. I referenses the class library to the web-project.
And now this.

Source File:
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line:
198

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
why the assembly 'Emdesoft.Web.FrameWork' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Emdesoft.Web.FrameWork
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Emdesoft.Web.Family
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: Emdesoft.Web.FrameWork
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/emdesoft.web.family/ddeeb032/6a3a4a07/Emdesoft.Web.FrameWork.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/emdesoft.web.family/ddeeb032/6a3a4a07/Emdesoft.Web.FrameWork/Emdesoft.Web.FrameWork.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/Emdesoft.Web.Family/bin/Emdesoft.Web.FrameWork.DLL.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: Emdesoft.Web.FrameWork, Version=1.0.2113.28421,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2300

/Johnny E Jensen

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hey Johnny,

This error can be caused a couple of ways.

If you don't shutdown the site while updating it, it is possible that
someone may hit a page and lock things up. Your best bet is to stop the
whole web application before uploading new files or touching the web.config.

The other issue is Index server. If it scans the Temporary ASP.NET Files
directory at the wrong time, it can cause that error.

PRB: Access Denied Error When You Make Code Modifications with Index
Services Running

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329065

Let us know if this helps?

Ken