So this is what happens when you don't use Soap often enough.

SpreadTooThin

This is a capture with ethereal of a SOAP Message to my UPnP Router..

POST /uuid:dynsvc/WANIPConnection:1 HTTP/1.1
HOST: 192.168.1.1:5431
SOAPACTION: "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:
1#GetExternalIPAddress"
CONTENT-TYPE: text/xml ; charset="utf-8"

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<s:Envelope s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/
encoding/" xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<s:Body>
<u:GetExternalIPAddress xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-
org:service:WANIPConnection:1" />
</s:Body>
</s:Envelope>

I've just started learning REALbasic, which has a SOAPMethod class.
Problem is it doesn't make sence to me how to use it.

Dim sm as SoapMethod
Dim sr as SOAPResult

sm = New SoapMethod("http://192.168.1.1:5431/dynsvc/WANIPConnection:
1.xml") // Read in WSDL Why?

sm.methodNamespace = "u" // Namespace? Hu?
sm.action = "u:GetExternalIPAddress xmlns:u=" + chr(34) + "urn:schemas-
upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1" + chr(34) // I think I don't
know...
sm.url = location // the router?

sr = sm.invoke("GetExternalIPAddress") // Pretty sure thats right.
MsgBox sr.result("NewExternalIPAddress") // Not sure yet but I bet
thats right.

Anyhow I can't seem to get it to work and its driving me mad. Anybody
got a good educated guess on how I should be setting up the sm?

TIA
B.

Joe Kesselman

You might get better answers on using RealBASIC in a newsgroup devoted
to that language -- this is the first I've heard of it, and outside of
presuming it's a derivative of BASIC (which immediately rates it a minor
"ugh"), I'd be guess at things like argument order and intent.

Websearching for "realbasic soapmethod example" finds some stuff that
might be useful, starting with examples in the class's definition.