SOAP example (getting stock price) - verifying endpoint url

mirandacascade

Operating system: Win XP

Is it possible that the endpoint url of:

"http://66.28.98.121:9090/soap"

that is provided for the SOAP example of calling GetQuote has changed
or is no longer in use? If it has changed, what is the new endpoint
url?

The reasons I ask are that I observed 3 different timeout symptoms:

1) When running the testquote application from ElementSOAP (which uses
that endpoint url), received the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\elementsoap\testquote.py", line
16, in ?
print "MSFT", q.getQuote("MSFT")
File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\elementsoap\testquote.py", line
12, in getQuote
response = self.call(action, request)
File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\elementsoap\ElementSOAP.py", line
213, in call
parser=namespace_parse
File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\elementsoap\HTTPClient.py", line
164, in do_request
h.endheaders()
File "C:\Python24\lib\httplib.py", line 794, in endheaders
self._send_output()
File "C:\Python24\lib\httplib.py", line 675, in _send_output
self.send(msg)
File "C:\Python24\lib\httplib.py", line 642, in send
self.connect()
File "C:\Python24\lib\httplib.py", line 626, in connect
raise socket.error, msg
error: (10060, 'Operation timed out')

2) When I copy/paste the endpoint url into a browser (Firefox), I
receive a "the connection has timed out" message in the browser.

3) Attempted a ping from the command prompt:

C:\>ping 66.28.98.121

Pinging 66.28.98.121 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 66.28.98.121:

Thank you.

Fredrik Lundh

Is it possible that the endpoint url of:

"http://66.28.98.121:9090/soap"

that is provided for the SOAP example of calling GetQuote has changed
or is no longer in use? If it has changed, what is the new endpoint
url?

the script describes the service as "delayed stock quote demo" from
"www.xmethods.net", which shouldn't be too hard to locate on the net.

their site now lists the endpoint as:

http://64.124.140.30:9090/soap

why they insist on using numerical host addresses is more than I can tell...

</F>