SOAP web server

tsj

Hi

I have to implement a SOAP web server in C++, and I am considering two
1. gSOAP
2. Borland classes from their C++ builder 2006

I have several examples in gSOAP up and running, but there seems to be
quite a lot af manual typing in order to pass large objects from the
client to the server and back.

I have a feeling that the solution in Borland builder 2006 requires
less manual coding, but despite a rather exhaustive search I can not
find any examples. Have any of you successfully implemented a SOAP web
service using Borland builder 2006? Any comments about the two options
- or a potential third option?

Thanks in advance.
Thomas

Ivan Novick

tsj said:
I have to implement a SOAP web server in C++, and I am considering two
1. gSOAP
2. Borland classes from their C++ builder 2006

I have several examples in gSOAP up and running, but there seems to be
quite a lot af manual typing in order to pass large objects from the
client to the server and back.

I have a feeling that the solution in Borland builder 2006 requires
less manual coding, but despite a rather exhaustive search I can not
find any examples. Have any of you successfully implemented a SOAP web
service using Borland builder 2006? Any comments about the two options
- or a potential third option?

You will probably get more community support from an opensource
technology, hence you find no information regarding Borland's version.
I have heard quite a bit about gSOAP but nothing about Borland's. The
apache foundation also has an option, you can find on their site, but
from what information i have seen gSOAP looks like the most attractive
option for SOAP with C++.