Soap4r method not allowed

Christopher Dancy

I'm a noob when it comes to soap so forgive me if the solution is
completely obvious: I'm trying to implement a basic soap call like so

namespace = 'country.asmx?WSDL'
url = 'http://www.webservicex.net/'

begin
driver = SOAP::RPC::Driver.new(url,namespace)
driver.add_method('GetCurrencies')
puts driver.GetCurrencies
rescue => err
puts err.message
end

but whenever I run it I get: " 405:method not allowed " the wsdl is as
follows:

<wsdl:eek:peration name="GetCurrencies">
<soap:eek:peration
soapAction="http://www.webserviceX.NET/GetCurrencies" style="document"
/>
<wsdl:input>
<soap:body use="literal" />
</wsdl:input>
<wsdl:eek:utput>
<soap:body use="literal" />
</wsdl:eek:utput>
</wsdl:eek:peration>

Someone let me know what I'm doing wrong. Please understand I've not
done anything soap related before.

Michael Shigorin

Someone let me know what I'm doing wrong. Please understand
I've not done anything soap related before.

soap4r only does WSDL 1.1 and doesn't do 2.0 IIRC...

Not sure if it's the culprit but I've run into this
last year.