SoapExtension for Global Exception handling; but prevent exception from propagating!!

VSK

Hi,

I wrote a SoapExtension for Global Exception handling in Webservice and it
works!!!!

Now i want to catch the exception that happen in the ASP.NET layer..So i try
to use Application_Error in Global.asax file of webapplication project.

It works fine for ASP.NET exceptions.

But for Webservice level exceptions also Application_Error in Global.asax
file of webapplication project is called which i dont want to happen coz am
handling that in SoapExtension.

I wanted to clear the error after it is handled in WebService level. and do
not wnat it to be propagated ..

I think i have to use System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Server..ClearError()
somewhere after the exception is handles in webservice layer.

Any ideas where it can be cleared or is there any other way?

FYI:
Our Architecture:
ASP..NET and IIS in 1 box
Webservices and Business components in another box
and DB in another box.
we try to access the business components using Webservices..

Thnaks
VSK