Solution Required for Printing SQL Server 2005 Local Reports

aleemkhan

I am using SQL Server 2005 Local Reports for a web based project. The
problem is that the ASP.NET default Web Report Viewer does not have
print facility for Local Reports. When the report is rendered the
report viewer does not show a print button for the Local Reports
(.rdlc) like the Server Reports (.rdl).

The only solution is that I export the report in PDF or Excel (which is
available in default Report Viewer) and then print the report, but this
becomes a problem for our customer and they do not want to go through
the process of exporting in PDF and then print. Moreover, I know I can
directly render a Local Report in PDF and it will be viewable in PDF
Viewer in the browser, but this option is also not acceptable because
of the loading time and the flash screen of the Adobe Reader.

I found a solution regarding the printing of local reports at MSDN here
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms252091(VS.80).aspx, but the
solution is only for desktop applications. I need a solution where I
can find a directly get a print button in the Report Viewer Control for
the user to be able print easily.

Please if anyone can provide me an urgent help regarding this, or
direct me to some third-party Report Viewer Web Control which provides
built-in printing support for "Local Reports".

Regards,
Abdul Aleem
http://aleemkhan.wordpress.com