Some basic questions about ASP.NET

jack

Hi folks,
Consider a page that contains an asp "Table". This table is populated
by some data taken from a Data Access Logic Component (DALC). The
table has got two cells, one that displays a Row#, and the other one
that displays the Name. The Name column actually contains a
LinkButton...

1. Am I supposed to populate the table on the Load event *even* if the
Page.IsPostBack is true?

2. When a link button is clicked, I need to insert additional rows
below the "clicked" row. AFAIK, I've to render the entire page from
scratch and insert the necessary rows below the "clicked" row. Is this
actually the way to go in ASP.NET?

3. If I've to render the entire page, how am I supposed to

a) Force the browser to jump to the "clicked" row position.

b) Is there anyway to stop querying the DALC on PostBacks? You know,
the rows have been already taken once, when the IsPostPack was false.
I actually need to load the associated rows with the "clicked" one,
however, it seems that I've to load the table somehow. (?)

Thank you for your time,
Jack