sort gridview

Guest

I have a grid on my webform with 10 columns, I need to allow the user to sort
the columns when they click on the header. My grid is populated byt a dataset
and not any typed datasets, sqlobjectdatasource, etc. I've looked in some of
the asp.net 2005 books i have on this and the examples dont' work. can
someone show me a working code snippet of sorting a gridview?

Guest

thats one of the examples I tried, its the last one I tried before posting
and I can't get it to work. nothing happens.

AllowSorting = true
I have my fields as sortExpressions and nothing. It will not sort

Winista

Did you donwload the sample and tried it as such? Did that work?

Are you handling the sorting events in your code?

Guest

yeah i downloaded and no it didn't work