Special Permission for IWAM or IUSR to run VBS File?

Colin Steadman

I'm trying to setup a small ASP app that our Accounts department can
use to kick off database procedures through a browser. To do this I
need the ASP page to kick off a preprepared .VBS script file. I've
made some good progress on this, but have hit a brick wall and dont
know where to go next.

I have setup a basic HTML form which submits a request to an ASP page.
The ASP page creates a WSCRIPT shell on the server and runs the
appropriate .VBS script file. This approach works perfectly if I
point it at a .BAT file, but for some reason when I ask it to run a
..VBS file, nothing happens???

I'm assuming this is a permissions problem, or that something in
security is stopping my VBS file from running. I have been unable to
find the source of this denial, so have resorted to granting the IUSR
and IWAM accounts full control of the folder. And have added them in
the Administrator group for good measure. But depressingly this has
made no difference at all.

I would therefore appreciate any help or advice anyone can offer to
resolve this issue as I simply do not know what to try next! Where
does one go after granting Administrator rights?

TIA,

Colin
(to email replace spamisevil with colinsteadman)
email: (e-mail address removed)

[...]

Anyone got any ideas on this I'm still having problems and I need to
get it working. Any advice would be appreciated!

TIA,

Colin