sql 2005 views

JohnE

I am beginning the process of converting a 15 yr old Access db (frontend)
into a website application. It might be 15yo but is still very much used
today and has gone thru all the updates over time. The back end is sql
server 2005. Much in the front end uses sql views.

How are views treated in asp.net sqldatasource? As stored proc, view,
table, or ??? How are they referred to in a sqldatasource? Same as a stored
proc? Any samples/examples/links of using a view?

Thanks...John

Paul Shapiro

JohnE said:
I am beginning the process of converting a 15 yr old Access db (frontend)
into a website application. It might be 15yo but is still very much used
today and has gone thru all the updates over time. The back end is sql
server 2005. Much in the front end uses sql views.

How are views treated in asp.net sqldatasource? As stored proc, view,
table, or ??? How are they referred to in a sqldatasource? Same as a
stored
proc? Any samples/examples/links of using a view?

Thanks...John

A SqlDataSource can either specify a stored procedure or a SQL statement,
which can include parameters. The documentation has details and examples.