SQL Server connection Pool error in Debug

Guest

In my ASP.net application I am getting the following error...

"Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to obtaining a connection
from the pool. This may have occured because all pooled connections were in
use and max pool site was reached".

This only happens when I am in debug mode. If I run SP_Who in Sql Server I
do not see many open connections. This also NEVER shows up if I run the web
application from the browser.

I cannot get this to occur if I run line by line in debug mode. I must let
it go without stopping. I cannot narrow down the location in debug either,
because it is not consitant.

I have tried increasing the timeout but that doesn't help. It just hangs
until the timeout has expired.

Searching the internet I have found others with this problem but cannot find
a solution.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

My guess: The timeout is happening in the SQL debugger itself.

Solution:

Right click the solution and choose Properties
Click Debug (or Debugging) under Configuration Properties

If VB.NET
Find Enabled Debuggers and clear the SQL Server Debugging checkbox

If C#
Find Debuggers and Change Enable SQL Debugging to false

These dialogs were designed by the language teams.