'SQL Server does not exist or access denied

Gomathi

I am getting a 'SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ' error when
trying to access a SQL Server Database from my local machine. I have the
code on the web server and it is working fine.

My connection string is fine and I am able to log into SQL Server via
Enterprise manager ok.

The code falls over at this line - cmd.Connection.Open()

I have just re-installed .net 1.1 and installed IIS on my local machine. Are
there settings which I need to update possibly?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Gomathi

Patrick.O.Ige

Try posting your connection string.
And have you added ASPNET acct to the Sql server with the right permissions?
Hope that helps
Patrick

Guest

Check following setting under IIS.
Open the Web Service Extension and check that ASP.NET and Active Server PAge
status is set to Allow

Let me know if it works after this

regard
serge