SQL Server Express Advanced Services Install - Failed

mosscliffe

I wanted to install the SQL SERVER 2005 Express Advanced Services,
because I wanted the import / export features of the data manager.
I chose the route of deleting the template files and then installing,
as my version of SQL Server express was part of the install, with
Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition and I was not confident of
re-installing just SQL Server Express.

The install progressed quite nicely until I got the following message

SQL SERVER SETUP failed to obtain system account information for the
ASPNET account. To proceed reinstall the .NET framework and then run
SQL Server Setup again.

I never installed the .NET framework on its own, only I assume as
VWD2005 Express.

I abandoned the install - re-instated the template files and am still
able to play with my developing an asp.net application using VWD2005
Express..

I would love to use the import / export features of the SQL manager, so
can anyone help with what was likely to be the cause of the failed
installation, bearing in mind I have no system knowledge of .NET or
Framework or whatever - I just want to install the program and use it.

Thanks for any thoughts

Richard

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

* Make sure IIS in installed.
* Make sure ASP.NET 2.0 is configured in IIS.
(aspnet_regiis on the 2.0 directory with the -i flag).

Those two steps should clear up your problem.

--
Gregory A. Beamer

Think Outside the Box!