SQL Timeout

Jon

Hello all,

I have an unusual problem with an app I've written.

The app connects to a database, calls a stored proc and returns data -
all very standard. When I run the SP in SQL SERVER, it takes 0.1
seconds to run, very quick. But when I run it via the web app, it
times out.

I'm using the Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data assembly and
running the SP via this.db.ExecuteDataSet(objComm).Tables[0].

Why would this be? Anyone have similar experiences or know what it
could be?

Any help would be great.

Regards,

Jon

sloan

I prefer the LoadDataSet method btw.

Regardless, google "Parameter Sniffing" "Sql Server". Its a leading culprit
for that type of behavior.

Jon

I prefer the LoadDataSet method btw.

Regardless, google "Parameter Sniffing" "Sql Server".  Its a leading culprit
for that type of behavior.

Hello all,
I have an unusual problem with an app I've written.
The app connects to a database, calls a stored proc and returns data -
all very standard. When I run the SP in SQL SERVER, it takes 0.1
seconds to run, very quick. But when I run it via the web app, it
times out.
I'm using the Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data assembly and
running the SP via this.db.ExecuteDataSet(objComm).Tables[0].
Why would this be? Anyone have similar experiences or know what it
could be?
Any help would be great.

Jon

Cheers for this Sloan,