SqlMembershipProvider not working on production server

chambersdon

I have an application that uses the SqlMembershipProvider and
SqlRoleProvider for security. I have setup my SQL Server database
using aspnet_regsql.exe and configured my application to hit the
correct database. Everything works as expected when running on my
development machine, and on our test server. But when running on our
production server it will not work.

On the production server, I get this behavior:
If I enter an incorrect password, I get the expected error message.
If I enter the correct password I get nothing - the login page just
reloads. I get no error message and I am not redirected to the target
page.

All three of these servers hit the same SQL Server database for
security and for the application. All machines are running IIS.

How can I get more information about what is happening?

Thanks,
Don

Dominick Baier

I have seen similar behavior when the required validation scripts are not
in the right place on the server...

do you have a /aspnet_client/system_web/2_0_50727 vdir on your production
server?

chambersdon

I have seen similar behavior when the required validation scripts are not
in the right place on the server...
Yes, that directory in on the production server.

We found that if we add 'cookieless="UseUri"' to the authentication
tag everything works.

It appears that cookies are not being generated from the produciton
server. This is not a browser setting because it works in dev and
test.

Why would the server to generate the cookies? Is there a setting on
the server?