SQLServer Report questions

dgk

I created a SQLServer report using Visual Studio and want to be able
to access it, and pass in a parameter or two, from my ASP.Net 2 app.
Can someone point to a quick tutorial on the way to do it? Also, is
using the ReportViewer control a better option than just somehow going
to the report URL? Using the control would seem to mean that it can
use the same masterpage is the app and look seamless.

tfsmag

We are using the reportviewer control at my current employer because we
do not want users to have direct access to the report server. The
reportviewer control is very easy to use, and can even pass parameters
programmatically to your reports. Keep in mind I am talking about the
vs2005 report viewer control.

this site should get you going in the right direction on using the
reportviewer for 2005/asp.net 2.0

http://www.gotreportviewer.com/

dgk

We are using the reportviewer control at my current employer because we
do not want users to have direct access to the report server. The
reportviewer control is very easy to use, and can even pass parameters
programmatically to your reports. Keep in mind I am talking about the
vs2005 report viewer control.

this site should get you going in the right direction on using the
reportviewer for 2005/asp.net 2.0

http://www.gotreportviewer.com/

Right, I used that site when I was using the RVC in local processing
mode for a Winform project. I forgot about it, I'll head over straight
away.