SSE[23] intrinsics for gcc?

dfeustel

Where can I find info about using intrinsic
functions for SSE, SSE2, and SSE3 instructions
with gcc? Is there a URL?

Thanks,
Dave Feustel

Robert Gamble

Where can I find info about using intrinsic
functions for SSE, SSE2, and SSE3 instructions
with gcc? Is there a URL?

I would start by asking in a group dedicated to gcc, gnu.gcc and
gnu.gcc.help spring to mind.

Robert Gamble

dfeustel

Robert Gamble said:
I would start by asking in a group dedicated to gcc, gnu.gcc and
gnu.gcc.help spring to mind.

Robert Gamble

Thanks for the pointers.
I found gcc has a file, xmmintrin.h, that defines a lot of intrinsics
for SSE instructions.

Erik de Castro Lopo

Thanks for the pointers.
I found gcc has a file, xmmintrin.hthat defines a lot of intrinsics
for SSE instructions.

If you add "-msse" to the gcc command line you should be
able to use all the inline functions defined in the
xmmintrin.h header file.

However, this discussion would be better suited to the gnu.gcc.help
newsgroup.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"Every single Muslim is in danger of becoming a terrorist. All it
takes is that he faces a crisis and seeks solace in his religion.
Muslims are not born terrorists; they are good humans no different
from the rest of us. They become terrorists when they seek their
religion for spiritual guidance." --
http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina50407.htm