StaticItemTemplate is not applied on postback Options

John123

Hi all,

I am having a strange problem when using the ASP.NET (2.0) menu
control.
I have a menu control that gets populated in the page load. I do not
check the PostBack value because I want to rebuild the Menu Control
each page visit.

The first time the Menu is built exactly as specified in the
StaticItemTemplate, however, each pressing the postback button gives
me an un-staticitemtemplated version of the menu.

IOW on postback and rebuild of the menu, the itemtemplate (and thus
styling) is removed or not even applied.

Can anyone help???

Here is the code to reproduce:

<%@ Page Language="C#" %>

<%@ Register Src="UserControls/Menu.ascx" TagName="Menu"
TagPrefix="uc1" %>

"http://

<script runat="server">
Menu1.Items.Clear();
Menu1.Items.Add(new MenuItem("hello world1"));
Menu1.Items.Add(new MenuItem("hello world2"));
Menu1.Items.Add(new MenuItem("hello world3"));
Menu1.Items.Add(new MenuItem("hello world4"));
}

</script>

<head runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:Menu ID="Menu1" runat="server">
<StaticItemTemplate>
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text='<%#
Eval("Text") %>' />
</StaticItemTemplate>
</asp:Menu>
<asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnButton" Text="Do a postback
to rebuild the menu" />

</form>

[...]

noone???

beemer127

[...]

I am having the same problem. I found a workaround, but not a
solution. Basically, I was using an image button. instead of using the
postback property, I simply did a response.redirect() in the code
behind (VB.NET). Unfortunately, that does not fix the problem,
especially when you may be working with data-driven forms requiring a
postback. I'm not sure what else to do at this point, so if you have
found a solution, please let me know. :eek:)