stdout redirection (2)

Joined
Aug 26, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I found this piece of code to redirect the stdout, but unfortunately I get a segment fault at the end of the program :(. Is there a way to get rid of that, I guess the error is in the destructor of the streambuf, but have no idea of that stuff...

Otherwise I take also another code, I simply need my gui to take the standard output and put it to a log element / so a function, which gets the chars, which I can use.

original post: ./forums/t280688-stdout-redirection.html

Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <ostream>
#include <sstream>
#include <streambuf>

class mystreambuf:
public std::basic_streambuf< char, std::char_traits< char > >
{

    typedef
    std::basic_streambuf< char, std::char_traits< char > >
    ::
    int_type
    int_type
    ;

    typedef std::char_traits< char > traits_t;

    int_type overflow( int_type c )
    {
        std::cerr << traits_t::to_char_type( c );

        // in your code write c to your QT widget hwever that
        // is done .

        return c;
    };

};